Dec 7, 2009

November 22nd---First Sunday in Biloxi

Larry and Nancy left on Wednesday morning. Thank them for their help to move us down and all thay had done for us in the past 4.5 years. We don't know how were we doing without them.

I went to my first church meeting on Sunday. Biloxi Ward is very small compared to 5th ward. There are probably under 100 people attending sacrament meeting today. When I got to go to Relief Society, there are 12 sisters there including the presidency. I was very surprised how low is the number. And they don't even have anybody who can direct the music or play the piano. So I volunteered to play the piano there.

Ian went in Nursery pretty well. He stayed the whole time until I went in to pick him up earlier to go on base.

Pat called couple days ago and told me that we could go eat at chow hall with him on Thanksgiving and could get on base to see him even on phase I. So we are going to attend his chuch meeting with hom on base today. His meething is at 2:00 pm. So I left Relief Society to go to base.

It's very interesting to attend the meeting on base. Because nobody wears suits. They either wear ABUs or civillian clothes. Not used to it yet. Pat had to wear his ABUs everywhere on Phase I. There were less than 10 people for the sacrament meeting. And even less for sunday school.

Ian was not happy to go for both ward. We had 4.5 hours of church meetings combined today. It's too much. We wwill not attend both meetings next week. We are just going to go to base next week.

No comments: