Jun 21, 2009

【Our Dinning table】Taiwanese Pork Chop, Seasoned Rice and pickles




I love to cook!! Yes, I only cook chinese food. Once in a while I will make some dishes that aren't chinese food. But we eat rice every day in Taiwan. So that's what I cook here,too.

When I was pregnantt with Ian, I had a hard time getting all the food that I craved. Because I only craved for chinese food. Actually, Taiwanese food. Obviously, I can't get them in El Paso. So the only way to get them was to make them myself. I got online to find all the receipts and tried to make them. And I did pretty good. Other than those ingredients that I can't get, I made almost everything I want.

Thanks for all the bloggers, I found lots and lots of receipts. And I became a decent cook. That explains why Pat gained 25 pounds within 4.5 years since we got married.

But there is one problem is----I don't really follow receipts. I cook by feel. Some friends ask for my receipt. And it took me long time to get it to them because I don't have a receipt. I don't know how to tell people how much seasoning I put in. Even when I follow somebody's receipt, I change the ingredients according to my flavor and feeling.

So if you really want my receipt, please be patient with me.And I will get it done in english someday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: